Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Duh-duh


Charlie has preschool three times a week and he was throwing a fit every day right before we would leave. I even had to leave him crying while the teacher held him one day. The weird thing was when I picked him up from school he didn't want to leave because he was having so much fun. So I called my sister in law who is amazing and has lots of experience with kids being difficult and she told me to give him a special reward as an incentive to go. I asked Charlie what he wanted and he said a fish. So the deal was if Charlie went to preschool for an entire month without complaining then he could have his fish. I am proud to say he had a great month at preschool and his teacher said he participated and did great. On the way home from the fish store Jon asked Charlie what he was going to name his Beta fish . Charlie replied "Dad, I already told you last week at the zoo. His name is Duh-duh." So that was that. Silly kid. Charlie loves Duh-duh and feeds him twice a day and whenever something is going on Charlie makes sure to tell Duh-duh all about it. He even told me that when he was young, he used to eat freeze-dried blood worms just like Duh-duh. This from a kid who won't eat bread!

7 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Oh my goodness... that is hilarious! I sure hope you didn't ever have freeze dried blood worms available to him!
Silly boy!

k said...

mmmm, freeze dried blood worms!

RicAnn said...

That is too funny! I love that he expected Jon to remember what he was going to name it :) Kids have such good memories.

We miss Ya!!

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Charlie!! It was so much fun chatting the other day and Collin loves seeing pics of Charlie and Jack on your blog.

LL said...

Ah, those long winter days when we'd all snack on blood worms at your house...

What a funny guy! I can't believe how big the boys are!!

Naomi said...

Here's to a long life for duh-duh!

Jessica said...

So, are we taking bets on how long duh-duh lives? :)