Olivia Sue was born on Sat. Jan 23 at 4:12 pm. She weighed 8lbs 7oz and has a head full of beautiful dark hair! She is the sweetest baby. She never startles and rarely cries. I wish she was sleeping better but hopefully in the next week things will get better. Charlie adores her, Jack will give her a kiss on the head and run off to play video games, and Claire thinks she is a baby doll and tries to mother her. The biggest challenge is keeping Claire from picking Olivia up. I had put Olivia in her bouncer and walked into the kitchen. When I turned around I saw Claire holding Olivia in her arms. Jon's parents are were here for the first week which was a great help. Jon's mom laid Olivia on a blanket on the couch. Olivia was sound asleep. Jon's dad was sitting across the room in a chair and I was in the kitchen helping Jon's mom with dinner. I looked over to see how Olivia was and I noticed that Jon's dad was holding her. Then he told me Claire had carried Olivia across the room and handed him Olivia! I am going to have to keep Olivia attached to me or locked in a room to keep her safe from Claire. Both Jon and I are enjoying all the snuggles of having a newborn sleep on your chest and make all their sweet little noises. We couldn't imagine life without this sweet little one.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
She's Here
Olivia Sue was born on Sat. Jan 23 at 4:12 pm. She weighed 8lbs 7oz and has a head full of beautiful dark hair! She is the sweetest baby. She never startles and rarely cries. I wish she was sleeping better but hopefully in the next week things will get better. Charlie adores her, Jack will give her a kiss on the head and run off to play video games, and Claire thinks she is a baby doll and tries to mother her. The biggest challenge is keeping Claire from picking Olivia up. I had put Olivia in her bouncer and walked into the kitchen. When I turned around I saw Claire holding Olivia in her arms. Jon's parents are were here for the first week which was a great help. Jon's mom laid Olivia on a blanket on the couch. Olivia was sound asleep. Jon's dad was sitting across the room in a chair and I was in the kitchen helping Jon's mom with dinner. I looked over to see how Olivia was and I noticed that Jon's dad was holding her. Then he told me Claire had carried Olivia across the room and handed him Olivia! I am going to have to keep Olivia attached to me or locked in a room to keep her safe from Claire. Both Jon and I are enjoying all the snuggles of having a newborn sleep on your chest and make all their sweet little noises. We couldn't imagine life without this sweet little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
What a wonderful day to have a baby! She is beautiful, I can't get over that hair, she'll have a french braid by six months! Take care!
Holy hair! She is beautiful, and I LOVE her hair. Glad everything went well. You all look and sound very happy. Congratulations!
Oh Mary! She is beautiful! I love her so much... I wish I could hold her! Claire didn't have that much hair!! It's amazing that she can have so much! Her name is so sweet too! Congratulations to all ... hugs from Heidi!
XOXO
She is gorgeous! I am so jealous of the hair! You can practically put it in a pony tail already! I love the name! I'm happy to see that the pitocin did it's job on the 23rd... I think I can remember that date too (Isaac's 1st birthday). Enjoy her!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!!!!
The hair!!!!! It is soooo fun when the baby has hair like that!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I love the name Olivia. Hope all is going well for you.
Yeah! She is darling. And, like everyone else, I love, love, love her hair! What a darling family you have. (SIDENOTE: Is Jon sleeping on that memorable blue leather couch? You guys still haven't given that up yet? Good thing 'cause that is one comfy couch!) We miss you and congrats again!
Congrats Jon and Mary! She is adorable. Sorry about not meeting up before we left, but things got a little crazy when we were driving back from Boise. Anyway, you all look great and go enjoy that baby. It goes way too fast! Take care.
Mary she is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations - what a beautiful addition to a great family : ) Glad things went well!
She is so beautiful!! Javier had hair like that when he was born (all fell out before we moved to Michigan). It was so soft and smelled so sweet! Sniff her and give her a big smooch from us. :-)
And good luck keeping Claire away!
Congratulations! She is such a pretty baby! You have such a cute family. And I love the dark hair. Good luck with all the little ones. I hope sometime this spring we can meet her in person!!
Mary! She is so beautiful!! Look at all that hair! How fun!
And the name Oliva, that is Brandon and I's choice pick for a girl.. see we are sisters at heart.
We can't get over how cute she is!! Congratulations! We miss you mary! Thanks for taking such good care of Brian this past summer. Good luck with four!
Congrats! That hair is so beautiful! Best of luck with Claire! :)
She is absolutely adorable! I can't get over how cute she is. Good luck! So glad to see you are doing well. Jerusha
MAry!! I was really jealous of brian chatting it up with jon tonight. I miss you guys. Can't believe we're joining you in the real world in a couple of months!
Mary! I have been doing some serious slacking! How cute is Sweet lil' Olivia! She has awesome hair, I am so jealous. I bet you're just loving life with your 4 fun kids. Hope you're doing well!
Loves
xoxo
Mary all your children are cute. I love all your daughter's hair. My daughter who is almost one is just now starting to get hair. I am lucky that my son and daughter are so close in age that my son doesn't try to pick his sister up. I did have that problem with my first two. My oldest son would take his brother out of the crib and carry him around the house. You have a very cute family and I am so happy for you.
Hooray! I am late to the commenting, but I love seeing these pictures. I could always come over of course :)
Oh she is a CUTIE!!!! I want her - if you ever just need to give her to me that would be okay! :) j/k CONGRATULATIONS!
Okay...Clark and I feel like horrible friends! Congratulations on your sweet Olivia. She has no doubt changed a ton since these pictures! We hope all is well with you and your growing family. Clark has been saying that he needs to get your phone number so he can talk to Jon. Either call us or send us an e-mail @ cwatson15@gmail.com Congrats, again! She's beautiful!
Miss you - post an update on those cute kids! I can't believe how big they're all getting.
Post a Comment