We are home. I know it's been forever since I posted last so I am just updating. Before we left we had to go to In and out burger and then we went to the Hall of Flame which is a fireman museum. The boys thought it was cool. Charlie loved the iron bell outside. The trip from Arizona to Chicago was interesting. We left at 4 am to go to the airport after spending the whole day before cleaning and packing. Jack was sick and puked on the plane, my sandal broke so I had one shoe and the man next to me on the plane was drinking some alcoholic drink and eating beef jerky. I thought I was going to puke. I have had better trips but the boys were troopers and were as good as they could be and asked the lady at the ticket desk for a stapler and was able to staple my sandal which lasted until I got to the baggage area. My sister Anna drove an hour to the airport and picked us up. Thanks Sis. This was her first time driving to O'Hare which was really stressful but she parked near the baggage claim and it was pretty slick even though I had two convertible car seats, our double jogger stroller and a huge piece of luggage. Jon drove cross country with my brother James which was fun except when they got to Oklahoma. A storm had gone through and flooded the freeway. There wasn't a sign saying the freeway was closed so they were stopped for 2 hours until the freeway was drained. Then they stopped at a gas station and it was crawling with crickets. It was disgusting. So we are glad that is all over and we home.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
We are home
We are home. I know it's been forever since I posted last so I am just updating. Before we left we had to go to In and out burger and then we went to the Hall of Flame which is a fireman museum. The boys thought it was cool. Charlie loved the iron bell outside. The trip from Arizona to Chicago was interesting. We left at 4 am to go to the airport after spending the whole day before cleaning and packing. Jack was sick and puked on the plane, my sandal broke so I had one shoe and the man next to me on the plane was drinking some alcoholic drink and eating beef jerky. I thought I was going to puke. I have had better trips but the boys were troopers and were as good as they could be and asked the lady at the ticket desk for a stapler and was able to staple my sandal which lasted until I got to the baggage area. My sister Anna drove an hour to the airport and picked us up. Thanks Sis. This was her first time driving to O'Hare which was really stressful but she parked near the baggage claim and it was pretty slick even though I had two convertible car seats, our double jogger stroller and a huge piece of luggage. Jon drove cross country with my brother James which was fun except when they got to Oklahoma. A storm had gone through and flooded the freeway. There wasn't a sign saying the freeway was closed so they were stopped for 2 hours until the freeway was drained. Then they stopped at a gas station and it was crawling with crickets. It was disgusting. So we are glad that is all over and we home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you are home now and you survived the trip! Flying instead of driving with kids is sooo much better! Good for you!
I think you may have received the better end of the deal by flying with the boys. Driving can sometimes be easier than flying with kids, but not across the country!
holy cow. i'm glad that you guys survived the big trip with so many carseats and strollers and mishaps :) we miss y'all. we'll go to in-n-out when you come back. and in the meantime we'll try not to mention it to you :)
Post a Comment