Hey everybody. This is Jon. I wanted to post a little about my man, Mitt Romney. I've always been a big supporter of Romney for president. Because he is a Washington outsider, and because of his business background, he is the perfect person to fix a broken-down government. His business experience that primarily interests me is his time working with Bain Capital, which he co-founded. While at Bain Capital, he turned around under-achieving companies (Staples, Dominoes, The Sports Authority, etc.).
Of course, most people know him as the man who fixed the scandal-ridden Salt Lake Olympics. When Romney took over the Olympics, he also took over its $379M operating deficit. By the time the games were over three years later, Romney had turned that deficit into a $100M surplus.
Romney's only experience in government came from his four years spent as governor of Massachusetts, a state generally known for its liberal leadership (see, e.g., Ted Kennedy). Massachusetts was running at a projected $1.3B deficit when Romney began his term, but had a $700M surplus just three years later.
His track record speaks for itself. A vote for Romney is a vote for someone who knows how to create jobs, be a good executive, fix a sputtering government, and eliminate excess spending. I'll be voting for Mitt on Tuesday in the Michigan primary. I'll be voting for him again in November in the general election. Vote for Romney!
________________________
Yesterday, I volunteered to go to the Ann Arbor Romney campaign headquarters to make phone calls to potential voters. My friend, Brian Savage, came with me. While we were there, we made dozens of phone calls to people to remind them that the primary is this coming Tuesday, tell them that we are voting for Mitt and why, and ask them if Mitt had their support in the coming election. Most people that I talked to were either already voting for Romney, undecided between Romney and McCain, or just not voting. Hopefully my small sample size will be indicative of Tuesday's results. If so, Mitt will win by a landslide.
Today, Brian, Steve Collis, and I attended a rally at The Brown Jug. Mitt's son, Craig Romney, was there. Craig came in the Mitt Mobile. Craig shook everybody's hand and thanked us for coming. He then spoke for a few minutes about his dad and why he believes that Mitt is the best person to be the president. Craig then opened up the floor for a question and answer session. I asked him what he believes is the primary difference between Romney and McCain. Craig cited his dad's experiences turning around things that were broken, specifically his time spent at Bain and the Olympics. Of course, this spoke right to my heart. That's exactly why I'm voting for him. Craig also mentioned the spirit of volunteerism that has helped the Romney campaign, saying that over 65,000 phone calls were made to potential voters yesterday alone (thanks in no small part to my efforts -- w00t!). Even though Mitt has spent a lot of money (he's raised more money than any other candidate, says Craig), the untold story about his campaign is the time and effort people have put into volunteering for him.
Craig only had about 30 minutes to spend in Ann Arbor. He again thanked us all for coming and then had to get back in the Mitt Mobile, which had been circling around downtown during the event. When the RV pulled up, I asked Craig if he would let me take a picture with the three of us (me, Craig and the Mitt Mobile). He said yes, but be fast. Cars were honking at us because the RV was stopped in the middle of the narrow downtown street. So we took the picture and Craig headed back to the Romney headquarters in Farmington Hills.
1 comment:
Whooo whooo!!!! Go Mitt in Michigan! Nice work, Jon. Hopefully things go well today.
Post a Comment