
[Jon] Charlie and I visited the police station today. (I went there on Tuesday to be fingerprinted for the Arizona Bar application. Yesterday evening, I realized my wedding ring was not on my finger. I never take it off, so I figured the police station was the most likely location for my ring. As it turns out, my ring was not there. Have any of you seen it?)
Anyway, back to our visit to the police station. I asked the people at the front desk if there was an officer who might be willing to come up front to say hello to my little boy. I lifted Charlie up so they could see his face. How could they say no to that??!! So the receptionist went back and asked an officer to come say hi. She introduced Charlie and me to Sergeant Sartori of the Ann Arbor Police Department. Sgt. Sartori said Hello and Charlie said, "Hi Sergeant!" and shook his hand. He then took us for a tour of the police station. He showed us all sorts of badges and a few guns and lots of pictures of other officers. He even gave Charlie a police badge sticker and a blue rubber band bracelet that says, "Honor."
After the tour of the inside of the police station, Sgt. Sartori took us out back to the garage and brought his police car right to the door. He let Charlie sit in the driver's seat and taught him how to turn on the flashing lights and use the air horn. He even let Charlie use his loudspeaker. "I'm Charlie!" Charlie yelled into the garage. Charlie was thrilled. Then he let Charlie sit in the back seat. "That's where the bad guys go," I told him. "Like Pete. Pete's a bad guy," was Charlie's response (Pete is the bad guy on Mickey and Goofy cartoons). He thought it was cool that Sgt. Sartori takes bad guys to jail.
Then Sgt. Sartori took a picture of the two of us.

Charlie was thrilled. I was, too. Even though we didn't find my ring, the trip was still a success. As we were getting into the car, I realized that we forgot something. Charlie and I ran back inside the station and saw Sgt. Sartori walking into another room. I explained that the reason we wanted the tour of the police station was so we could see a police officer. I asked if I could take a picture of him with Charlie. He was happy to do it.

Thanks to Sgt. Sartori for taking time out of his morning to give a kid a great experience.
3 comments:
That is so cool for Charlie! Wow! I think he had fun!
Mary, you should post some pictures of your belly! And... do you have any plans of coming to UT soon?
What a fun adventure! Cute pictures! We'll have to take all the boys some time. :-)
What a neat trip! How fun for Charlie (and Jon...we know you thought all that police stuff was pretty cool, too!). Yeah, where are those belly pics???
Post a Comment