Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Plague

We have been sick forever. A few days before Christmas Charlie woke up with a goopy eye. I thought maybe it was because he didn't sleep well the night before. The next day it was worse so I took him to the doctor. The poor kid had an eye infection, strep throat and an ear infection. I thought great if he has strep the that means we all do. So I took Jack in and he had it and I just asked for an antibiotic. I didn't want to be pregnant with strep. No Thanks! Then on our trip to Chicago Jon got sick. Like in bed for a day sick. Poor guy. Charlie's super antibiotic lasted ten days and his eye was still goopy so I called the doctor from Chicago and she gave us eye drops that cleared his eyes up in a day. Then two days later Jack got the goopy eye and started cutting his incisors. Ouch! Jack was not a happy kid. Then we came home from Chicago everyone fine. Next day I got a horrible cold and of course being pregnant I can't have anything for it. Jack was stuffy and miserable so I took him to the doctor and he had an ear infection so he's on an antibiotic again. Charlie started oozing yellow snot and coughing until he puked so I took him to the doctor. Charlie ended up having Croup. Now he's on a steroid and hopefully will be better soon. I am feeling better but the kids want to be held and comforted all day and they are giving me early contractions. Luckily Jon is healthy and has been given me breaks so I can rest. I'm hoping Feb. will be a better month.

2 comments:

Chelsea + Brandon said...

I'm sorry! Being sick is NO fun! I'm hope the boys feel better soon. :)

Jessica said...

Hope you all feel better soon! Take care!