Thursday morning I had a stress test and the baby looked great. Then I went to my OB hoping he could strip my membranes and I was just a one still and he couldn't do it. I was depressed. I can't be induced since Charlie was a C-section so the doctor said if I didn't go into labor next week I would have to schedule a section. I went home and Jon took me to the store bought Castor oil and Black Kohosh and that did it. I must say Castor Oil is the grosses thing on this earth. My labor was quick. I started having contractions at 8 pm and Jon told me to go to the gym and stair step to help move things along so I did. It worked. I came home after working out and my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. We went to the hospital at midnight and Claire Jane was born at 3:17am she was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches. She has alot of hair in the back and long legs and little ski's for feet. Thanks to our wonderful neighbor our boys slept through night. Jon was able to come home at 6 am. Charlie woke up at 8 am and ran into our bedroom. He asked Jon about his hospital bracelet. Jon said that baby sister was born. Charlie said "Oh wow." Then Jon showed Charlie all the pictures we took and and the video of Claire. Charlie ran out of the room and came running back in with his favorite train. He held the train up to the laptop and said " baby sister I have a toy for you." It was the sweetest thing. Later that morning Jon brought the boys to the hospital. They were thrilled. They ran into the room and Charlie jumped on my bed and said "Hi claire I have a movie for you." He then tried to open her eye. Jack was busy exploring the room. Of course he was obsessed with pushing the call button for the nurse. Charlie was beaming with pride at being a big brother. Jack held Claire a couple days later and now loves having a little sister. Claire is adorable and has stolen her daddy's heart. She is a joy. She's not fussy and she loves to hear the boys. They can be so loud and she doesn't mind at all. We are so happy she's finally here.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
She's Here
Thursday morning I had a stress test and the baby looked great. Then I went to my OB hoping he could strip my membranes and I was just a one still and he couldn't do it. I was depressed. I can't be induced since Charlie was a C-section so the doctor said if I didn't go into labor next week I would have to schedule a section. I went home and Jon took me to the store bought Castor oil and Black Kohosh and that did it. I must say Castor Oil is the grosses thing on this earth. My labor was quick. I started having contractions at 8 pm and Jon told me to go to the gym and stair step to help move things along so I did. It worked. I came home after working out and my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. We went to the hospital at midnight and Claire Jane was born at 3:17am she was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches. She has alot of hair in the back and long legs and little ski's for feet. Thanks to our wonderful neighbor our boys slept through night. Jon was able to come home at 6 am. Charlie woke up at 8 am and ran into our bedroom. He asked Jon about his hospital bracelet. Jon said that baby sister was born. Charlie said "Oh wow." Then Jon showed Charlie all the pictures we took and and the video of Claire. Charlie ran out of the room and came running back in with his favorite train. He held the train up to the laptop and said " baby sister I have a toy for you." It was the sweetest thing. Later that morning Jon brought the boys to the hospital. They were thrilled. They ran into the room and Charlie jumped on my bed and said "Hi claire I have a movie for you." He then tried to open her eye. Jack was busy exploring the room. Of course he was obsessed with pushing the call button for the nurse. Charlie was beaming with pride at being a big brother. Jack held Claire a couple days later and now loves having a little sister. Claire is adorable and has stolen her daddy's heart. She is a joy. She's not fussy and she loves to hear the boys. They can be so loud and she doesn't mind at all. We are so happy she's finally here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
I'm so excited to see this post! I've been waiting for days and days! I've checked your blog over one-hundred times and now it's happened! congratulations Bennett's! Mary, I hope you are doing well! It's a workout isn't it! I love love love you mary! Call me!
Congratulations!! It will be a change having another girl in the house huh!!
Yea! Congrats you guys! Way to get things started and speed up the process! I'll have to remember the stair stepper trick! Can't wait to meet Claire!
We love you guys! She is just the perfect addition to your cute family. Good luck with the move next month. We'll be thinking of you! :)
You're amazing! If brian told me to go on the stair stepper during contractions, I would have had a few words for him. She is so precious! I am excited to meet her!
Yeah! Congratulations!!! I am so glad you were able to get things going, you didn't seem too thrilled about your Dr. Appointment that day. I can't wait to see her in person, she sure is beautiful!
I figured when I didn't hear from you that your little bundle of joy had arrived. Congrads guys! So glad things went well! I can't wait to meet her.
Mary, I'm so very excited for you and your family! She is beautiful! And the name Claire is sooo cute! Will you email me your address? glulug@yahoo.com
Only Mary could look so good in hospital pictures. Both you and Claire are beautiful! Congratulations! Please call us if you think of anything we can do! We'd love to have your boys over or deliver ice cream... you name it!
Congrats! You've got a fam just like ours! 2 boys and girl. I think it provides balance for us all! Get some rest!
J & M-
We're thrilled for all of you. M, you look beautiful in all the photos. Claire is so sweet. She is a darling baby. We're glad things are going so well. Your family is in our prayers!
Love,
M & H
Congratulations!!! I like seeing the "belly" picture and then the beutiful outcome. Everyone needs a sweet little princess in their family! I hope you're getting some sleep and enjoying those sweet little ones. Hope we get to see you before you move :0(
I keep checking and I'm so glad she is finally here!! Congrats! I wish I was there to take the boys for a day. :-( Miss you - take care!
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. We would love to bring you guys food when your mom has gone home. Yeah for babies!
Hooray Mary! I'm jealous you have a girl. Hopefully Brian and I will have one some day too. Enjoy a baby and being (almost) done with law school!
Yay! I love the name Claire, and Jane is my middle name, so I love that, too. Congratulations! I'm so sad you're moving away.
YEA!!! I'm so happy for you! She looks so sweet. I am sad that I won't see her, so you have to post lots and lots of pics :)
DAMN! That is certainly a pretty lilpussy I would LOVE to get a taste of her
mmmmmmmmm yes baby is best lick thatpussy
Post a Comment