Monday, June 2, 2008

Freedom for Jack


Jack has slept in our spare bathroom in a portable crib since he was 3 months old. He loved it. It was dark and the fan was a perfect white noise for him. Now we are at my parents and we put him in the closet because that what he is used to. Well last week he decided he was done with the closet. One night he opened the closet door and said he wanted to sleep with Charlie. So we put the boys together in a Queen size bed. They did pretty well. Except I kept hearing Charlie telling Jack to be quite. Jack is apparently a little chatter box at bedtime. The next day Jack got a Yellow Car bed. He was thrilled. We put Jack's Car bed right next to Charlie's bed and they sleep great like that. They even nap like that. A bonus is in the morning we hear them laughing and talking to each other. They stay in their room for at least a half hour after they wake up. I'm so happy this transition has gone so smoothly and Jack is happy to be a big boy in his Car bed.

5 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

I am glad it went well! Changes things like that can be hard on parents too!
Sleep well!

Jenn and Rich said...

Hey Mary! You may not remember me but it is Jennifer Johnson aka Farnsworth. I saw you are moving to Arizona. I live in Arizona. Where in AZ are you moving to? We live in gilbert. Maybe we can get together and do something. I hope I didn't creep you out by writing to you. You can call me if you want 480-279-6506. I'd love to talk.

An said...

Eli just turned 9 and Adam is 6 1/2 and they sleep together in the same bed every night. Today I went to Ikea to buy them two separate twin beds. When I told them about my purchase, they both threw a complete fit. They told me that they want to keep sharing a bed, they never want to sleep in separate beds. So I guess I will be taking those two new beds back to Ikea tomorrow. I did remind them that when Eli goes away on his mission they won't be able to share a bed anymore.

RicAnn said...

Mary!!!! I haven't checked your blog in forever :( But it looks like things are going very well for you. The kids are as cute as ever! And your new home is beautiful. I'll for sure keep in better touch. Miss ya already!

RicAnn

Hubers said...

Congratulations. Two big boys!
Hope you're doing well!