Sunday, June 28, 2009

Swim lessons

I put the boys in swimming lessons this summer. There is a mom in our ward who teaches lessons out of her pool and she is amazing! Charlie and Jack completed 4 weeks of lessons and Charlie is now swimming all by himself. Charlie could be in the pool all day. He loves to jump and get dive rings off the bottom of the pool. Jack hates the water and cried for the first week but Erin got him to go under water, jump in the pool, float on his back and swim a short distance. When we go swimming I can't get Jack to do all the things Erin taught him. Jack still prefers to play on the step but he will swim in deep water now with a floaties on.

Jack swimming

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Jon and Mary,
It is so fun to see your kids. They are adorable. We are still trying to find time to come up to Phoenix. I was able to get away a few Saturday's ago to go to the temple, but Aaron wasn't with me and I was kind of in a crunch for time. Hopefully we can get there before we leave in December. We will let you know though. Take care.

Naomi said...

Mary! It was so fun seeing you a couple of weeks ago. I need to blog those pictures. Will you send your cornbread recipe when you get a chance? I am going to make chili tomorrow and would love to make that yummy stuff so my kids will have something to eat.