Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thunder, Ants , and a Little Step...

There was a big thunder storm this morning and I told Charlie the noise was thunder. For the rest of the morning he couldn't stop talking about thunder. It just fascinated him. Charlie is so funny.

A couple of days ago he brought me into his room to show me an ant he had squished. I told him he killed the ant. He then had to tell Jack that he killed the ant and the baby we were watching and daddy and anyone else who would listen. We thought he had forgotten about it, but the next day the first thing he said when we got him up was "I killed it. I killed it, ant."

Another funny thng Charlie does is he can't stand imperfections. We live on the third floor and so we as we go down the stairs we sing the alphabet song and count and charlie holds onto the rail and looks at the wall. If he sees a rust spot on the rail he will say "Oh no rail, It's ok rail, I'll fix it." and then he kisses the rail, but then he worries about all the spots on the wall so Jon told him to not look at it. So know all the way down the stairs Charlie says "don't look at it" It's so funny.

One day when we were leaving our apartment our neighbors dog almost ran into our house and it really traumatized Charlie, so Jon taught him to peek out of the door and say "no dogs" which gave charlie the courage to leave the house. Now our daily route to the car consist of charlie saying "no dogs, It's ok rail and Don't look at." all the way to the car. What a kid.

Jack surprised us this morning by saying Car and Doggy while watching signing time. Then later today he took his first step. We just treasure these sweet moments.

4 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

I can't believe how cute all of that was! I want to meet your boys! Of course, I've seen Charlie when he was only a few days old, but they seem to have such great personalities now! I love it! What month was Jack born?

Bennett Family said...

Jack was born On May 7. They do have fun little personalities. I think it would be great to get together. We will plan something.

LL said...

I can't believe Jack took a step today! I remember when Charlie was starting to walk, not long after we met. :-) Crazy how time flies.

k said...

first of all, i love your blog. and the family pictures are great. jess does a wonderful job, and you guys are all photogenic. good combo :)

i love all the stories about Charlie and his little personality. not looking at spots, that cracks me up! and the "no dogs". it's so fun to have little people around and watch how the world affects them. Miles said "hi dog" this morning when we were at the park, in related dog news.

also, i've been laughing out loud to myself for the last 5 minutes because of the thing that Jack does in the morning. looking around like a blind mole is the best part. he's so cute!