Thursday after preschool I went to pick up a little pink table I got for Claire. While we were there Charlie found an awesome teenage mutant ninja turtle car for a $1 which he immediately began driving around the driveway. I was talking to the lady when Charlie runs up to me crying. I bend down to see what the fuss was about when I felt something wet on my leg. I looked down and I have a bunch of drips of blood on my leg. I look again at Charlie and notice his chin is bleeding. I looked closer and it was a huge gash. I immediately added pressure and the lady got me a wash cloth to hold over the wound. After a couple of minutes it stopped bleeding and I put gauze and band aid on it. Charlie was very upset. He was also tired and hungry so were Jack and Claire. I called our pediatrician and she said he would need stitches since it was on his chin. I decided to go home and feed the kids and put Jack and Claire to bed. When Jon got home I took Charlie to Urgent Care. They have a place here call Good Night Pediatrics so Charlie had a great pediatrician who put 3 stitches in his chin. Of course he had to bring his new ninja turtle truck with him. He drove it all the way into the clinic and then proceeded to tell the receptionist all about it. When the nurse came Charlie had her laughing as he was talking all about his toy. What a funny guy. He's hurt but so excited about his new toy. While we waited for the doctor Charlie had me playing battle with the turtles. Charlie was so brave. He only cried a little when they numbed him up. I would have too it looked so painful. I couldn't believe how still he sat as they were doing the stitches. What a brave little boy!
The wound. Which Charlie says happened by falling on the driveway. I didn't know that could happen from falling down.

The stitches

My brave little guy
5 comments:
Poor guy! He looks exactly like jon in this picture!
I can't believe Claire is one! Happy birthday! And poor Charlie, I'm sure he was so brave though as he got his stitches. We've been there too, not so fun.
Yikes! That looks AWFUL. I am so sorry for poor little Charlie!
Wow, what a champ!!! Way to go Charlie :)
Claire is so cute! She is 1?!?! It seems like last week I went to your baby shower. Time flies.
Hmmm...poor guy. I thought the same thing...he looks just like Jon.
Post a Comment