Monday, April 13, 2009

Green Onion Eaters

We were out in the backyard playing tonight when Charlie stated, "I'm a carnivore." We talked about that briefly and then discussed that we are really omnivores because we also eat plants. Charlie thought that was interesting so he started walking around the yard, picking leaves off of the plants and eating them. "Look, I'm eating plants." Of course, Jack followed his lead.

Jon wasn't sure that was such a good idea, so he went inside to get some lettuce to feed to the boys as a safe leaf. He came out with two green onion stalks. Apparently we were out of lettuce.

"Look boys, these are green onions. They are safe plants to eat. Try it -- it's a little bit spicy."

So the boys both ate a stalk of green onion. And they went to bed smelling spicy.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

We have been those same conversations at our house. :) You back yard looks awesome by the way.

The Hiller Family said...

That's hilarious! The fact that they actually ate the whole thing is hilarious!!
I wish Ethan was more of a carnivore!!