We love going to the apple orchards. We went with a bunch of friends from law school. The best part of the trip is eating the homemade donuts. The pumpkin and apple donuts are our favorite. Charlie of course would just eat the frosting off the tops. I hope someday he will eat the entire donut. The boys loved picking apples off the trees. It was fun watching them eat apple after apple. I thought they would get a tummy ache from all that fruit. On our way out of the apple orchard we found raspberry bushes. Charlie's favorite. We let him eat a bunch. Jack enjoyed the berries too and had nice red stains all over his face and shirt. We had a great time and now we are trying to figure out what to do with the huge bag of apples we have. We did go home and make an apple pie. The boys had so much fun mixing the apple slices with the cinnamon and sugar. Charlie kept asking for more sugar. He thought this pie making business was the best idea ever. The pie was delicious!!! It was the first time I used the Bennett family pie in a paper bag recipe.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Apple Orchard
We love going to the apple orchards. We went with a bunch of friends from law school. The best part of the trip is eating the homemade donuts. The pumpkin and apple donuts are our favorite. Charlie of course would just eat the frosting off the tops. I hope someday he will eat the entire donut. The boys loved picking apples off the trees. It was fun watching them eat apple after apple. I thought they would get a tummy ache from all that fruit. On our way out of the apple orchard we found raspberry bushes. Charlie's favorite. We let him eat a bunch. Jack enjoyed the berries too and had nice red stains all over his face and shirt. We had a great time and now we are trying to figure out what to do with the huge bag of apples we have. We did go home and make an apple pie. The boys had so much fun mixing the apple slices with the cinnamon and sugar. Charlie kept asking for more sugar. He thought this pie making business was the best idea ever. The pie was delicious!!! It was the first time I used the Bennett family pie in a paper bag recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what is the weather like for you guys... it looks like it is still pretty nice!
ah! I want to go with you guys to do all the apple and pumpkin picking/eating :) I love fall!
Post a Comment