Monday, July 14, 2008

Excuse Me

Charlie has become quit the little chatter box. He usually interrupts me while I am talking to my mom or Jon so I told him if he needs something while I am talking to someone to say "Excuse me," and wait for me to finish. Well, that little talk has stuck with him. He always says "excuse me mom." Sometimes he yells it a few times until I respond. If I don't respond right away he will say "Mom I said excuse me and you didn't listen."

Charlie is scared of bugs. Lately his favorite books are the Magic School Bus books. We had been reading the one about the human body. We went outside to play and Charlie saw a mosquito and yelled, " Mom that mosquito is trying to get my red blood cells. Help!" It was so funny.

last week I was having a bad day. The kids were very whiny and I couldn't think of anything new to do. Claire was nursing all day long and didn't seem to take a good nap at all and I was just exhausted and feeling like a bad mom. When I got everyone settled watching Fireman Sam (Jack's favorite show) Charlie ran up to me and wrapped his arms around me and told me I was the most wonderful, bestest mom in the whole universe. I almost cried when he said that. That was just what I needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all 3 of those stories made me smile! i miss your family so much!

Jessica said...

We miss you!!!!!!!! When are you heading to AZ? 8 weeks to go...not that I am counting down or anything. I am just starting to get pretty uncomfortable. August is going to be rough...

Chelsea + Brandon said...

Mary! I haven't been on your blog for awhile! Your kids are just too cute! Little Claire! She looks just like you!
Well, I miss you. Thanks for all the fun stories. :)