Monday, July 14, 2008

The Very Hungry Caterpillar


Jack has a little bedtime routine. He screams when I tell him it's nap time or bedtime. I hand him his superman spin brush. He loves the bubble gum flavored toothpaste. He has do brush himself. When he's done I can give him a quick brush. Then I carry him to his room and set his blue blanket down on the pillow then he wraps himself up in his yellow blanket. We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar book and when we get to the page that has all the food on it he pretends to eat the ice cream cone and cupcake. We can't eat the lollipop on that page because Jack says it's Charlie's. He always offers me some of the watermelon and cupcake. At the end of the book when we see the beautiful butterfly he leans forward and gives the butterfly a big kiss. We say prayers. Then he rolls on his side drinks his milk and falls asleep.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Oh, that is too sweet!