Friday, July 11, 2008

Splash Country






Jon just got done taking a practice bar exam that took two days so he decided that he would take this afternoon off. It was great!!! We went to a waterpark near our house called splash country. Charlie has been begging to go all summer and he was so excited. Charlie had a blast. His favorite thing to do was swim in the deep end and jump in and out of the pool. I had Claire in the baby carrier and I took Jack to the kids area. Jack was playing with the waterfalls and this stearing wheel that turned the water on and off. Claire slept for 2 1/2 hours which made the whole trip possable. Jon took Claire and Jack for awhile and I got to go and swim with Charlie. It was fun having Charlie all alone. He's such a talker. His favorite thing to do with me was ride on my back while I swam underwater. We managed to stay at the park for about 3 1/2 hours. We got McDonald's on the way home. Charlie was starving he ate 6 nuggets a small fry and 2 granola bars and a cup of milk. That was the most food I think I have ever seen him eat! To top the night off the kids were asleep before 7 and I got to watch a movie with Jon. This was the first time it has felt like summer. I think it's because it's the first thing we have done as a family since Jon has been so dedicated studying for the bar.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, if Charlie ate that much, I wonder how much Ace would have eaten! Collin loves seeing the boys on your blog and still asks to play with them all the time. He thinks you are coming back after AZ. Congrats on taking the bar, hope you guys have a great summer before moving!

Sharon said...

What a blast! I can't believe they were able to last that long. My kids are deathly afraid of water, we really need to work on that. I still think your coming back in August. I'm not ready to deal with reality so I'll continue to think that.

angelic pursuits said...

Hi Mary! (This is Angela Hawkins, by the way.) I've enjoyed seeing how you all are doing. Best of luck with the bar. Brian stayed the whole summer in his "lerkum" (don't know if you've read the Lorax) -- our walk-in closet. It was pretty stressful since he seemed so sure that he wouldn't pass the bar. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy a fun (and refreshing) day together!