Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Charlie's thoughts

It's fun to see Charlie growing up. Lately he's been thinking a lot. He tells me he's just getting big. At nap time and bed time he knows the routine and when I get done reading our last book he will say "It's not my bedtime." Then he'll tell me "I not, I just not tired." When Charlie can't find something he will put his finger to his head and say "think, think, think." That always makes me laugh.

I have been telling him that baby sister is in my tummy. Charlie asked when will she come out. I told him she has to grow. Charlie then told me that he got big in my tummy and Jack buddy too. Then he said "Did you eat baby sister?" I said no, surprised that he thought about baby sister being in my tummy. It makes sense really. I told him baby sister is in my uterus and not in my tummy. He said "Oh, OK mommy." Clearly that satisfied his questioning mind.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

LOL! I love what deep thinkers they can be at this age! Great story!

The Hiller Family said...

That is really cute! I loved the story too!