I got a Christmas package in the mail and it had some packing peanuts in it. Charlie was thrilled. When I pulled the Christmas presents out some of the peanuts fell out and Charlie started picking them up while singing the clean up song. I told him he could scoop the peanuts up and put them back in the box. Jack of course had to get in on the action. I went in the kitchen to put cookies in the oven and forgot about the boys. Ten minutes later my house was covered in white packing peanuts. I had no idea what a mess they can make. They multiply and stick to everything. I clogged the vacuum trying to clean them up. So I picked as many of them up as I could by hand. While I was doing that Charlie ran to the bathroom and usually he will yell for me to wipe him. No not this time he came out in the living room with a streak of poop on his leg. Just then Jack flipped his plate of chicken nuggets and ketchup sprayed across my floor. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. I was so exhausted I just laid down on the floor for a brief moment. The boys thought that was funny and came over to jump on me. Thankfully it was nap time and Jack went down and I turned a show on for Charlie and finished cleaning up and Charlie fell asleep with me on the couch. Lesson learned no more packing peanuts are allowed in my house ever.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Early White Christmas
I got a Christmas package in the mail and it had some packing peanuts in it. Charlie was thrilled. When I pulled the Christmas presents out some of the peanuts fell out and Charlie started picking them up while singing the clean up song. I told him he could scoop the peanuts up and put them back in the box. Jack of course had to get in on the action. I went in the kitchen to put cookies in the oven and forgot about the boys. Ten minutes later my house was covered in white packing peanuts. I had no idea what a mess they can make. They multiply and stick to everything. I clogged the vacuum trying to clean them up. So I picked as many of them up as I could by hand. While I was doing that Charlie ran to the bathroom and usually he will yell for me to wipe him. No not this time he came out in the living room with a streak of poop on his leg. Just then Jack flipped his plate of chicken nuggets and ketchup sprayed across my floor. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. I was so exhausted I just laid down on the floor for a brief moment. The boys thought that was funny and came over to jump on me. Thankfully it was nap time and Jack went down and I turned a show on for Charlie and finished cleaning up and Charlie fell asleep with me on the couch. Lesson learned no more packing peanuts are allowed in my house ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh No! When it rains it pours! You poor thing!
Oh man, those peanuts are seriously the worst! I never even let them into Keely's sight - I'm fully aware of what will happen!
Hilarious...for the boys! Those things are terrible to pick up. Sorry, Mary! You really need another girl around there...
I'm so sorry! That is so much work... and you are pregnant! Gosh, I wish we could come visit... I wish you were closer! Where will you be for Christmas this year?
I miss you guys!
Post a Comment