Sundays in Arizona have been hard. There aren't very many little kids so in sacrament meeting you hear us everytime we open up a snack or have our many occasional outbursts and our sunday school is in the gym which makes Jack sound like a herd of elephants as he crawls at lighting speed across the floor and you hear my high heals clicky clacking after him. Our first sunday here I took Charlie and Jack up to get Jon who has priesthood on the stage. Jon was talking to a new friend who started asking me some questions so I wasn't paying attention to Charlie who decided it was a good idea to push on the stage curtain. All of sudden I heard a crash and I knew Charlie had fallen off of the stage. To make things worse there was a sunday school class who witnessed my child crashing to the floor. Charlie was fine thankfully. This Sunday though the boys stayed all through sacrament and we found a marriage class in the relief society room and Jack crawled around and we could listen and in relief society I just kept putting a blanket over Jack's head and he thought it was hilarious for all of relief society. It's nice when you actually get to listen and participate rather than admire all the art that is on the walls in the hallway.
After naps we went to the Mesa temple. Which is beautiful. Charlie was so excited. He kept saying we are going to the temple. We walked around and saw all the beautiful flowers and fruit trees. We even ventured into the visitors center and Charlie loved the statue of Jesus. He told everyone that Jesus got owies for us. We didn't stay long since the boys wanted to climb everything but we enjoyed it.
3 comments:
Mary, thanks for helping my friend Julie out with everything. She is so excited and I think you guys will really get along.
I hope you are having a great summer. I remember those summers being an adventure, yet so different than Michigan. I was always excited to get back. i am still adjusting to the reality that I am in California to stay. Good luck with everything, and cutest stories!
Sundays are hard! No naps! Ahhhhh! You guys look super cute though!
That might be the cutest thing, Charlie saying the Jesus got owies for us. It's true! It's like when my little sister explained the Second Coming to me once: "Jesus is coming tomorrow, and it'll be a surprise." It's so interesting to see them process things like that.
Post a Comment