I was getting everything ready for swimming lessons and I told Charlie it was time to go and all of a sudden I see Charlie driving his little cozy coupe car out of the front door, down the sidewalk and around the corner. At the moment I was frustrated because we were going to be late but I couldn't help but laugh once I got everybody in the car.
Jon came home early on Wed. so we decided to go to this little diner. At our table there were little paper hats. Jon told Charlie they were pirate hats and Charlie put his on a said "RRRRR I'm a pirate." He then got out of our booth and yelled RRRRR at the man behind us who thought it was funny and said RRRR back. Once we got our food charlie sat down and found the sugar canister which he poured on his plate. So while we ate delicious chicken, burgers and fries Charlie ate sugar off of his plate with his finger. The whole time he kept saying MMMMM....this is delicious mommy. Luckily Jack ate Charlie's share of real food.
Charlie is in the process of potty training. I put a piece of poster board up in the bathroom and wrote Charlie's potty Chart on it. Every time he goes to the bathroom he gets a sticker and when he goes poop on the potty he gets two stickers. He has Nemo, Cars, Thomas and The Incredibles stickers. He thinks he is hot stuff. He has Jack follow him in the bathroom and he says, "Jackie this is my potty chart." Luckily Jack doesn't care but every now and then he complains and I give him a sticker. Anyway now Charlie goes to the bathroom all by himself and throws his little potty off the toilet and straddles the big potty with his little chicken legs and goes to the bathroom. It is so funny but he is a big boy and has to do it all by himself on the big potty not with his little potty. I have to make sure Jack doesn't follow him or else all the toilet paper ends up in the potty and Jack's fingers get smashed as Charlie shuts the toilet seat. Hopefully he will keep this up since he refuses to where a diaper.
When we were at the library I let Charlie hug a Mickey Mouse doll. Charlie loves Mickey and Goofy. I was putting Mickey back and Charlie was gone. I panicked. I ran around looking for him and asking if anyone saw him. I said a prayer and finally found him looking at a display in the lobby. I then told him about STRANGERS. I told him if he couldn't see me then a stranger could grab him and he would never see mommy again. I know that sounds a little mean but I needed to instill a little fear in this fearless explorer of a child I have. Now everywhere we go he starts to run off then he yells mommy wait strangers. I smile and hope he always stays close to me because soon my little Jack will decide to stand up and run then I will be in trouble.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just love reading your cute little stories about the boys! They seem to be such funny boys, I would love to meet them! If you come to Utah in Aug. to visit, let us know... we will probably leave CA around Aug. 20
Mary--We miss you guys! Charlie is such a great older brother and Jack is growing up so fast. It will be fun to look back on all of these fun memories and laugh about them again and again. Have a good Sunday!
Nothing wrong with instilling a bit of healthy respect/fear. :-)
Sorry I didn't call back. I don't want to call when you're busy and I never think of it until it is way too late for me or early for you. One of these days... Hope all is well. Miss you!
Post a Comment