Charlie just started swimming lessons which we call swim school. He feels so grown up that he's in swim school. He's doing great. He loves his teacher Rachel and has learned to float on his back for short periods of time. When he is floating he starts to fake snore because Rachel told him to pretend his legs were sleeping so of course he had to snore. The building is great because after lessons they have a huge play area with a little tikes roller coaster, playhouses, climbing equipment and a train table.
Charlie's first lesson was a little scary. I was watching him but it got hard because Jack wanted to jump in the pool and was all over the place with his funny fast monkey crawl. So I decided to let Jack play in the fun play area and I was watching Charlie through the window. The teacher was helping the other boy in his class and all of a sudden charlie climbed off his step and decided to jump in the other pool. I grabbed Jack and ran into the pool and grabbed Charlie. The pool is like 4 feet deep and is round with a step around the outer part but if Charlie stepped in the middle he would have drowned. Now every lesson I watch my fearless child like a hawk and just feed Jack snacks and let him play with little cars. Water always scares me with little kids but hopefully Charlie will be swimming by the end of the summer or at least he will know how to float and crawl out of the pool.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment